Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello February!

Can anyone believe that it's February already? Yikes! Where did January go? Didn't we just start this year? Funny how fast a month can slip right through your fingers, especially when you're a busy person.

So, to begin : HELLO, FEBRUARY!!!!

We are halfway to Spring and the kids are home due to "deteriorating road conditions" aka ICE. So, while some people around me(not in our house) are probably going nuts at the kids being home again, we are going to make the best of it.

Tomorrow is a holiday for us Pagan folk, so today the kids and I will be making some candles to bless tomorrow. Being that I am working on getting everything ready for my son's Wiccaning, I will most likely be making a very special candle for that day as well. Then they will be set out for blessing tomorrow. My two younger girls and I will be making construction paper crowns with candles for them to wear. I think my older daughter and I will make (or attempt to make anyway) a "snow" candle since this year there seems to be plenty of that on the ground for us.

If I can swing a trip to the store (depends upon the roads) we will be making some butter. I will say that having a baby has definite perks since I have plenty of baby food jars that all the kids can try their hand at this. Of course, if I can swing a trip to the store, lamb stew will be back on the Imbolc menu for tomorrow evening. Yum yum! If not, I have a seasoned turkey breast for the slow cooker, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese and corn on the menu. Either way, it's going to be yummy.

I do so love this time of year as snow is on the ground, and while it seems so cold out, Spring is only just around the corner.

That's all this rambling witch has for today. Wishing everyone a most blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment