Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy Yule!



While personally it has been very difficult to catch the spirit this year, my kids helped me put together a lovely piece for the radio station I broadcast through. I love all of them for helping with this. I think they get more excited than I do because that is the one time they are guaranteed to be on the radio. My second oldest also had done a report at school on family traditions. She was required to interview a family member about the tradition and write a report on how it started, how it has changed, and if it's something she is likely to carry on when she is older and starts a family of her own. She chose to write about our celebration of Yule and interviewed me. After presenting to the class, and having one of her teachers write that it was the most interesting tradition she has read about in her near 30 years of teaching, she gave it to me as a special gift for Solstice. I loved it, and it was a really nice testament that we are doing something right as parents, that's for sure.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Solstice, Merry Yule, Happy Christmas & Prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment